In the past two years, with the rapid development of IPTV, more and more TV users have cancelled expensive cable TV fees and started to use IPTV to watch TV programs. However, they found that IPTV often suffers from stuttering and buffering, which affects the viewing experience. This article will analyze how to avoid and solve the freezing and buffering of IPTV from the most professional perspective.
Reasons for IPTV freezing and buffering
IPTV freezing and buffering are mainly caused by the following reasons.
- The network bandwidth cannot meet the bandwidth requirements of IPTV.If the IPTV program reaches the resolution of 1080P, it needs to occupy at least a bandwidth of more than 8M, and 4K programs require a bandwidth of more than 20M.
- WIFI signal is weak.There are many reasons for the weak WIFI signal, such as the router is too far from the set-top box, there is an obstacle between the iptv box and the router, the performance of the WIFI module of the iptv box is poor, etc.
- The IPTV Server of the IPTV service provider you bought is unstable.The iptv video source of some iptv providers without technical strength comes from the network, which is not a regular video source, or the load balance of the IPTV server is not handled properly, which will cause the freezing and buffering of IPTV.
- The WIFI module of the IPTV set-top box is poor, and the throughput is not up to standard. The throughput of an excellent WIFI module needs to reach more than 100M bps.
- The hardware of the IPTV set-top box is poor.As the resolution of the IPTV transport stream is getting higher and higher, from the previous 720P to today’s 1080P or even 4K resolution, higher requirements are put forward for the configuration of the set-top box memory, GPU and CPU.
- The decoding method of IPTV player is software decoding.Since software decoding uses CPU resources to decode, at this time, the CPU has to deal with Android background services, but also decode 1080P streams or even 4K video streams. Generally, CPU resources will be exhausted, and the utilization rate has reached 100%.
- Blocking by network operators. In order to ensure their networks, network operators in some countries may block some video transmissions at certain times, but this rarely happens.
- IPTV set-top box has hardware problems.
How to avoid and solve IPTV freezing and buffering?
Knowing the causes of IPTV freezing and buffering, it is easy to solve.
- Network Configuration Try To Use A Configuration With A Bandwidth Of 50M Or More.IPTV minimum network bandwidth configuration is best to use 50M or more.
- Try to use a wired network to connect the router and the IPTV set-top box, or shorten the distance between the router and the IPTV set-top box.
- Try to restart the router and set-top box, or replace the router.
- When WIFI is connected, try to switch between 2.4G and 5G. For long-distance transmission, it is better to use 2.4G, and for short-distance transmission, try to use 5G. So you must buy an IPTV set-top box that supports both 2.4G and 5G dual bands.
- Feedback the IPTV freezing or buffering issues to the IPTV Provider, and ask them to compare and test them. If they have problems with their own tests, they will ask the IPTV Provider to solve them.
- Try to change the player. For example, you can use the iptvsmarter pro player to compare. If iptvsmarter pro can work normally, it means there is a problem with the player provided by the IPTV Provider.
- It is recommended to purchase the memory configuration of the IPTV box to reach 4GB+32GB or above, so that the normal memory requirements for IPTV work can be achieved.
- It is recommended that IPTV providers recommend or buy their IPTV boxes. The IPTV boxes sold by IPTV providers have been tested for compatibility to best support their IPTV services. Sometimes IPTV boxes and IPTV services are bundled with purchases and there are discounts.
In this article, we have listed the most comprehensive reasons and solutions for IPTV freezing and buffering, but not all situations are problems, such as occasional buffering and occasional freezing. This is a normal phenomenon for IPTV. It is not a problem if it does not appear frequently. If you have other reasons and solutions, please leave a message to discuss.